Monday, March 26, 2007

Story for my Sister #1

The last thing she said to me as I stood at her apartment door staring it her stupidly was, “Have a nice life.” I continued to stare for a few moments after she slammed the door, and finally stumbled backwards in disbelief. Eventually I’d have to figure out how to get my belongings out of the hallway, and possibly more importantly, where I would take them. First though, my mind was in dire need of a jump start that was not forthcoming.

Instead, abstract visions of the woman on the other side of the door swirled through my head, garbled against meaningless memories and short strings of thought that all seemed to come to the same abrupt dead end. As more and more intangible ideas sprung forth in my mind, the barrage of images came faster and faster until I had become so overcome that I fell back into the wall where I slid down onto the floor.

No comments: