Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Building Credit

When I turned 18, although I was a little frightened to do it, I applied for and recieved my first credit card. Somehow, for reasons unknown to me now, I decided that I wanted to build superb credit. I try to use my credit cards semi regularly and I try to occasionally leave a balance on it so they can make some money off of me. I think it's working.

That first credit card was a Clout Visa, which I guess is designed specifically for students. It came with a 500 dollar credit limit and no benefits. When its time ran out I decided to apply for a Discover card so that I could get a Koala on it. Yay! This once has rewards, and I'm just now starting to use it regularly enough to reap the benefits. A couple weeks ago I decided I want to see what my credit is like, and so I applied for an American Express card. I got it monday and it comes with a whoppin' 3000 dollar limit. I'm getting up there, but I've still got a ways to go.

No comments: