Sunday, March 26, 2006

HipOppotamus

Today my roommate, Ed, and I decided to go shopping for some new threads. Eventually we ended up at DSW where I intended to buy a pair of brown sandals for spring and summer. I found those, but then an extremely cool pair of shoes caught my attention.

They’re a brand I hadn’t heard of, HipOppotamus, and supposedly they’re made in Italy. They’re so slick! I’m a big fan of nostalgia, and the first thing that I really thought of was bowling. It somehow captures that spirit of being on a local bowling team like in Married with Children or The Flintstones. The design, along with the shades of brown captures a mood.

They’re subtle though, and because they’re so sleek they’re easily overlooked. Upon further examination, though, one discovers just how cool these puppies are: Too Cool for School.

Not only that, but they are comfortable as hell, in a good way. I really wanted them at the store, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to drop another fifty bucks. When I tried them on, however, the light feel and snug fit sealed the deal.

I can say with confidence that I now own the hippest shoes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only that but they're a very good quality shoe. I bought a pair at Shoe Pavilion and expected to have the shoe fall apart in a couple of months. Not so it's a very durable shoe.

Anonymous said...

I just purchased a pair at Goodwill in Ocala FL and they are like the bowling shoe style with the slick rubber soles that wrap around the heal. Anyway, I'm wearing them and they are comfortable as hell. I only paid $7 for them. They are a nice quality shoe.