Monday, March 27, 2006

Emily

Emily I had known in high school. Her attractiveness, at the time, was her pure innocence. Her playfulness, moderate shyness, and striking appearance made her appealing. I chased her briefly, and eventually got shut down. She was a year ahead of me, and after she graduated we fell out of contact.

Fast forward 4 years to now, where she has reinitiated contact. Admittedly I was somewhat excited at first. I was somehow saddened when I found out she had created a myspace website.

I have nothing against myspace, although after a brief stint on OKCupid have decided to avoid that route. I don’t need it. What makes me sad, now, is that I feel like I can clearly see what’s going on. Her childishness and innocence that serve her so well also happens to be her greatest enemy. After imagining a relationship with her I came to the conclusion that I would not be able to fill the emotional, perhaps parental hole that she has, and I doubt there are many who can.

She needs someone, but myspace just doesn’t seem… her. Having the site itself almost seems to put a kink in her armor of purity, but without the site her chances of meeting someone may not be too great. I’d really like to give her some advice, but I really have none to give. I have no solution for her situation.

No comments: